Thursday, July 26, 2007

Oh Beautiful

"Take Me Home Country Roads"
See our Dog?

The Barn
I spent many a day sitting in there watching the cattle.







Where we fell in love! How could we not? Blue skies, Green Grass, and our sweet little home!








"A little piece of Heaven on Earth"


I love this picture. It makes me wonder why we ever moved!

To apply these pictures to the purpose of my blog I will just say this. How could I not desire to preserve this kind of beauty for those to come? I would also like to add something that comes to my mind when I notice the beauty of this world.

Everybody has doubts but how can anybody doubt God when you see his masterpiece? Even a simple blade of grass can amaze me when I take the time to notice its detail and perfection. This world is a gift from God. We should take care of it! I pray that I never forget how blessed I am to be a part of this world and always make it my personal responsibility to care for it!

Thanks Blue Mountain Mama for the inspiration!











4 comments:

L.L. Barkat said...

Yes, I too am enamored of the simplest bit of dew of silken spider's web.

Why did you move?

Zayannee said...

Well, we only moved about 5 miles away. We moved mostly because we wanted to make something our "own". We were renting off of my husband's parents. The farm house needed a lot of work inside. It was built in the 1800s so it has a sandstone foundation that is wearing away, all the floors sunk in.It would be a lot of money to fixer up when it wasnt ours.

The farm ownership is shared between 5 siblings so sadly there is too much family involved to go into the business of buying the farm. We are planning to purchase a small plot on this 300 acres and build a small cabin someday.

For now we purchased a bank owned home that needs a lot of TLC. Its near the farm so we can still visit when we want to,still not the same as sitting on the front porch at night listening to the sounds of the country!

It will always be a special place to us!

bluemountainmama said...

beautiful, zayanee! is that where you grew up?

i grew up on a 65 acre farm in KY...it DOES instill a deep love of creation and the land. i'm very grateful to have been raised on a farm.

Zayannee said...

BMM,
No I did not grow up here but this is the first place my husband lived and we "courted" in this house then lived in it together our first yr of marriage. Now we have a new home but I still love this one!