Tuesday, June 5, 2007

My purse is red, but is turning green!




I have many dreams. I am your classic case day dreamer. In my 23 years I have seen many of my dreams fade, not so much fade but change, as I am forever changing. I have a love for simplicity, clutter around me creates a mess of my mind. I always tell people when they ask me how I'm doing to look in my purse. My purse is reflective of my current state of mind. Today my purse holds the following:

* Digital Camera.
* Business cards.
* Two Check Books.
* 15-20 Notes to self.
* 15-20 Sales Receipts.
* 3 random keys ( I am keeping them in case I find the locks :) ).
* 5 lip gloss.
* 10 pens.
* 2 Bic razors.
* An empty pill case.
* My Wallet ( holding: change, a gift card, a unactivated debit card,insurance card, 5bucks, 10 more notes to self, 10 more receipts, 3 pictures, and a credit card.).
* Mineral Wear powder.
* A highlighter.
* A mess of Bobbie pens, hair ties, earrings, safety pins, and paper clips.
* Two old bank envelopes.
* A protein bar.
* and last but by no means least a unlimited supply of trash wrappers from my quick sugar fixes.

As you can see, if my purse is reflective of my state of mind this is not good news. Did I mention my purse is about 10" long 4" deep?I can barely zip the darn thing!

It is a fact I am not organized. My husband can truly follow a trail to see what I have done in a day. Thank goodness he can laugh at me and not become frustrated. I however can not stand myself some days! I drive me nuts!

I long for routine in my everyday. I am sure that in my quest to become more green I will certainly have to become more simple.

I find myself of course dreaming of a solution. The best way or possibly the only way I can overcome this battle is by taking up the motto "less is more". I value this earth and it is frightening to think of what the future holds for our loved ones if we keep consuming at the rate we are. I believe change starts with one person. If I can change then others will see that they can as well. Hopefully creating a snowball effect so that we can share this gift that is earth with our great great grandchildren!

So I ask for you to join me in my journey to live my "Green Dream"by cleaning out your purses. I will try to post as often as possible on the progress that I am making!

Today my first step is to clean out this purse aka the clutter of my mind!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Yaaayyyy Lindsay! Let's do this together! We'll keep eachother on track!

Zayannee said...

Okay Sister! I miss you I have not talked to you in the longest time! I cant wait to me new baby!