Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Pretty Things


I made a stop in Goodwill a few days ago. I found the coolest stuff. I am a lover of old things. They just don't make things like they used to! How cute are these tea cups? I for one find them adorable! I have a little two seater table in my kitchen and these pretty things will be just perfect for it!

I also got a ice bucket. It's stainless steel so it will last me forever! I've wanted one for quite sometime but they run like $40.00 bucks for a steel one. I didn't need one that bad, they're nice when people are over. Truth is I don't need one at all, we have an ice maker in our fridge but the thing is I like them. Like the cups, do I need them? No, I don't but I like pretty things in my home. These pretty things are the best because although they look very expensive I only spent.... drum roll please.... da da da $1.45 total! How awesome is that?!

Besides that fact that I made a great purchase, at a wonderful price, to top it off I helped use some of what we already have on this earth. My sister and I our trying not to make "new" purchases. Although it has been a struggle for the most part I have really decreased the amount I consume. I will be honest I have slipped now and then but I am making an effort. If more people just thought about purchases instead of impulse spending it would help decrease consumption immensely!

The next area I would like to improve on is my clothing. I'm due to let go of some items I am not longer using, as well as purchase some for myself. Can I do this without hitting the mall? I guess we will find out!

Please if you have suggestions on where I can shop for clothing that is work appropriate but not department store bought let me know! Its time to go shopping! :)

No comments: